Sunday, October 31, 2010

Quest for Beautiful Hair

Ahh...the quest for beautiful hair. I've had short hair (like pixie short) most of my adult life. I've been letting it grow for a while now and it's finally at my shoulders, with the shortest layer just below my chin. I'm definitely a no-fuss kind of girl when it comes to my hair. I don't like to spend a whole lot of time styling. I don't even blow dry my hair but every once in a great while anymore. So, longer hair seems to suit me better. A pony tail holder and I'm good to go. I originally made the decision to let my hair grow because Lupus had caused so much of it fall out, and it just seemed to me that the more hair I kept the better. But...the condition of my hair was just not very desirable. Dull, frizzy, and dry were just a few of the words I'd use to describe my mane. I'd tried every shampoo and conditioner on the market in hopes of a miracle. Needless to say, none worked like I wanted. Then I had kind of an AHA! type of moment. What about changing what I put into my body? So I started on a regimen of fish oil capsules, vitamins, and I began to use olive oil for just about everything I cook. I also stopped washing my hair everyday. Because my hair is so dry, I only wash it 2 times per week. Also, before I get into the shower I rub olive oil into my scalp and hair and let it sit on there for about 10 minutes before I shampoo. I have noticed a BIG difference in my hair. It's still not where I'd like it to be, but it's much, much better. I've had less hair loss, it's shinier, it feels thicker, and it seems healthier. I'm definitely going to keep doing what I'm doing and maybe one day I'll have the hair I've always wanted. Below is a picture of the hair I want!!

No comments:

Post a Comment