Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fake Eyelash Trial Run

Okay, I have never actually wore fake eyelashes for any length of time before. I tried them on once, and not knowing what I was doing, I took them off before they were on 5 minutes. I watched a few video tutorials on the proper application of false lashes, and then decided I was going to try it again. I used E.L.F lashes and duo waterproof lash glue. First I took the lashes from the package and measured them against my eye to see if they needed trimmed. They didn't, so I moved on to step 2 which is to wiggle the lashes back and forth to make them easy to work with. Next I put a small dollop of glue on the plastic tray the eyelashes came in and I used a q tip to apply the glue to the lashes. After waiting about 20-30 seconds for the glue to get tacky I applied the lashes as close to the lash line as I could possibly get them. I paid special attention to the ends by pressing lightly for a little longer because that's where false lashes usually pop off first. Then I used liquid eyeliner to line the upper lash line to make it all blend in. I next used an eyelash curler to blend my lashes with the false ones and then I applied mascara. For my first time I am happy with the way it turned out.


3 comments: