Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Attempt at a "Smoky" Eye and Red Lip

There wasn't a lot going on today around here so I decided to play around with the new makeup I got. I actually used several different brands to come up with this look. I usually don't wear really dark or smoky eye shadow or red lips but I really wanted to try it. So, here it is.



I'm happy with the way it turned out, though this is definitely not a daytime look. Here's a list of the products I used:

Covergirl Smoky Shadow Blast in silver sky

Stila matte minerals palette

Milani Runway Eyes (the silver shadow from the catwalk palette)

Revlon matte single eye shadows in 001 vintage lace and 008 aubergine

Maybelline gel eye liner in black

Covergirl liquiline blast in silver spark

Maybelline lip stain in cherry crush

Covergirl amazemint lip gloss


It was a lot of fun to do and I think I'll try it again using some different colors like blues or purples. I tried to get a good close up with my eyes closed so you could really see it, but I couldn't get a picture to turn out right. Maybe I'll have the boys play the photographer for me! One problem I did have with this look is I had to be really careful not to "muddy" the colors up, it takes some practice to blend them out and still keep some definition between the colors.

So anyway, that's how I've spent my Sunday. Other than doing my never ending pile of laundry. Hope everyone has enjoyed this beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment