Monday, October 25, 2010

Busy, Busy Monday and Clearance Haul

Since Mondays are paydays, they are always super busy. Paying bills, shopping for necessities, running errands...seems like the to do list on Monday is a mile long. I wear out way before I am finished doing what needs to be done. I know I say this a lot but it's so true, I don't know what I'd do without my boys (Matt included). They help me out without any complaints or questions. If I am in pain and it hurts me to get up, all of them are more than glad to get me what I need. They are such a huge help to me. I used to feel a lot of guilt because I couldn't do all the things for them I used to, but I'm slowly getting over that. There's nothing I can do about it, Lupus, degenerative disc disease, degenerative joint disease are all chronic conditions that are not going to get any better. So I've just decided to count myself lucky to have such a supportive and helpful family.

I finished shopping for Justin's 11th birthday today. I can't say what I got him in case he reads this, but I'll write about it after his birthday. I think he's going to be very happy. I also got some awesome deals at CVS on clearance. I got the L'oreal lash boosting serum and the coordinating mascara, L'oreal Double Extend beauty tubes mascara, several Maybelline color sensational lip stains (in shades cranberry crush, plum flush, and bitten berry), a Maybelline lipstick in 160 cool watermelon, Physician's Formula organic wear lipstick in organic plum, and Sally Hansen Natural Shine lip gloss in sparkling champagne. For all of this I spent less than $25.00!!! They are making room for all the holiday makeup gift sets and they have put some really great products on clearance for 75% to 90% off.  I also picked up 2 sets of false lashes, they were on sale buy one get one 50% off.



I estimate that I got over $60.00 of products for less than $25.00. I am happy with myself! I don't have a lot of extra money to spend on cosmetics, so I am a super bargain hunter. I don't think I've paid full retail for a cosmetic product in years. I admit it, I do have a bit of a makeup addiction. But I don't drink, smoke, or do illicit drugs, so I figure I'm allowed this one vice, right? LOL :)

I'm getting a little tired so this is all for now. Wishing everyone a peaceful and restful night.

1 comment:

  1. Thats awesome...I love sales!!I am going to be doing a review this week on that lash serum and mascara. I think you will like it. I think it makes your lashes a bit stiff but I did see a differnce!! I have so many products that I have to do reviews on but running behind!! Always soooo much to do!!

    ReplyDelete