Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thankful

I'd like to talk about some things that I'm thankful for in my life. I'm especially thankful that today my sister is home from the hospital and made it through her surgery safely. I don't know what I'd do without her. She is such a source of strength for me. She brings me up when on some days I feel like I just can't do it. I am lucky to have her.

I am thankful for my children. They are my whole life. They are the reason I wake up in the morning. I am so blessed to have 3 sons.

I am thankful for my Mom. We've not always been close, but now we have a bond that I treasure. Maybe we had to go through all that hard stuff to be as close as we are now.

I am thankful for my husband. He has stood by me and been my rock especially since I've been sick. He sees me for who I really am and loves me anyway. He knows all my secrets, and they're okay with him.

I am thankful for my friends, especially my "lupie" friends I've found on facebook. I feel accepted and understood for who I am, illness and all.

I am thankful for the quiet, but also thankful for the noise. It is how I know I'm truly alive.

It just occurred to me that what I'm thankful for are the people, not things, in my life.

Happy Thursday to all! Sarah Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment