Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Peace and Quiet and Coffee

Getting up at 5:30 in the morning is not such a bad thing. I get to check my facebook and email without anyone reading over my shoulder. I can listen to the news without having to say HUSH! 500 times. I can enjoy my coffee while it's hot because I don't have to leave it sit while I am called to do something. That being said, I only like these quiet times in small doses. Their noise is the music of my life. When they are gone for extended periods (overnight visits to Memmaw's or friends), it's too quiet for me. The absence of their laughter and make believe games leaves me feeling empty and depressed. I don't know what I'll do when they are ready to leave home! It may seem a little early to begin worrying of such things, but in reality it'll be here before I know it. What will I do with all the free time? Who will need me? That's probably the question that worries me the most, who will need me. For now they are all tucked in their beds, dreaming the dreams of the innocent and carefree.

No comments:

Post a Comment