Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Good Morning!

A brand new day and a brand new start. I think I'm going to try to take it a little easier today. Which is easier said than done,  I get bored too easily!

Last night ended well. Mom and Larry came to get Jake (he's spending the week with them), then we went out to Dairy Queen for some much needed ice cream :) I got my hair cut yesterday and I am very pleased with it. I kept most of the length, but had her cut some layers in to give my curls some more bounce. It worked well. I go to Body Reflections here in French Lick. I don't think I'd go anywhere else. I love the stylists in there. They always make me feel welcome, and they tell me I have pretty hair so...bonus for them! LOL :) I want to get my nails done, but I am so horrible when it comes to my nails. I always end up chewing them off the week after I get them. But they do look so pretty after I get them done. Ah well...I think I'll just save my money on that one.

One thing I am very picky about is my shampoo and conditioner. I am still searching for that perfect brand that I'll be able to use and love for eternity. Right now I am using the CVS brand of Loreal's EverPure for colored hair. So far, so good, but I am not loving the scent. Not that it's bad...I just don't love it.  I love the smell of pantene, but lately it has been extemely drying on my hair. I probably have 10 half-used bottles of shampoo and conditioner under my sink. I am very skeptical when it comes to salon brand shampoos and such. I mean...shampoo is shampoo right? And with all the choices for the drug store brands, the salon brands really are nothing special. However, I do love the scent of Biolage and I may splurge one of these days and try it.

I am also a mascara junkie. My favorite is Covergirl. My least favorite is any by Maybelline. I got a tube of Rimmel on clearance at Walmart the other day for very cheap and I wasn't expecting much, but I love it!! It doesn't clump, gives my sparse lashes lots of volume and definition.

For most of my adult life I've been on the pursuit of the perfect foundation. With my limited resources, the high-end brands are out of my league (unless I find a great deal on ebay). I don't want to feel like I'm wearing foundation, but I want good coverage because of the lupus rash I get on my face sometimes. I want to try out sheer cover. I'm keeping my eye on ebay for the perfect deal and when I find it I will let you know how it works.

I could literally talk about all this stuff all day, but I'll save some for another blog!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, blessed day. XOXO, Sarah Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment