Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday Morning

I know I haven't posted anything in awhile. That's because of the mood I've been in. Not angry or anything, but sad. And depressed. And worried. My sister just had major surgery and has not been feeling well at all. I'm scared to death something is going to go wrong and I'll lose her. Even just barely entertaining those thoughts makes me cry. I hate to cry. It makes my eyes all puffy and stops my nose up. So I don't even think I can write about that anymore.

Then when I got onto facebook this morning, I learned that a member of one of the lupus support groups I am in has lost her battle with lupus. I didn't know this woman, but this news makes me sad none the less. My heart goes out to her family. It's a reality of this disease that I am all too often reminded of. It makes me angry that there is not a cure yet! How many more families have to lose their loved ones before more attention and funding will be brought to this disease?

I'm trying to think of something positive to write about and it's eluding me. So I think I'll just end this blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment