Thursday, June 3, 2010

The End

Today was a peaceful day. I tried to take it easy for the most part. I did another couple loads of laundry and made dinner, that was about it. Dinner ended up being breaded pork chops, steak fries and onions, brussel sprouts, and pumpernickel bread. It was really good, if I do say so myself.

I also started my book club book which is 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper. I am pretty impressed so far. My own views on religion I am rather reluctant to talk about, but I will say that I believe in a higher power and life after death. All the rest I am skeptical about. Organized religion is disturbing to me in some ways. I think my personal relationship with my God is more important than subscribing to one particular ideal. I could go on, but I think I'm going to leave that one alone for now!

I go back to my rheumy on June 14th. I quit taking the Arava because it was making me very ill and not providing much in the way of pain relief. I'm so tired of taking pills. I don't want to take any more pills than what is absolutely necessary, but if there were something that could provide me with more pain relief I'd gladly try it. I know he's going to suggest prednisone again, but I refuse to go on that again unless my life depends on it. I know it sounds like I'm being difficult, and maybe I am. I'm just holding on to the small strand of hope that something will work without making me miserable in the process. Like I've said before, I may have to just get used to living with pain. This may be as good as it gets.

Alice in Wonderland was quite entertaining. It stuck to the story line well and overall it's a good choice for young and old alike. I especially liked Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter. On a scale of 1-5, I'd give it a 3.5.

Good night to all! XOXO, Sarah Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment