Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sarah's Rules :)

Today has started out to be a very productive day. My men are getting the yard done, it needed it so bad! It's been raining a lot, so it was really getting tall. I'm not a nazi about how my yard looks, but I do like it neat. I wish I could do some landscaping and gardening, but seeing as how the sun is a no-no and my arthritis won't allow it, I guess those things are out of the question.

I decided to leave on of my lupus groups for good today. The drama that has been going on there is just something I'm not going to deal with anymore. It all started because of one woman. A few of us got sick and tired of her condescending posts. I held my tongue until she started actually stalking one of my friends fb page. This woman just could not handle criticism in any way. The whole group just feels less and less like a support group (which is what it was supposed to be) everyday.

I got all of my laundry done yesterday! I am so proud of myself. :) That includes getting it folded and put away. I've been depressed because I can't work and bring money into the household, so I got an idea from an article I read by a lady who is disabled and unable to work. She made a list of rules for herself so she didn't feel like a couch potato. Here is a list of the rules I am going to set for myself:

1. I will not stay in pj's all day. This means I will get cleaned up and dressed every morning.

2. I will put on makeup every day, even if it's just mascara.

3. I will write either in my blog or my journal daily.

4. I will attempt to do at least one productive thing daily. This could be housework, paying bills or making the budget, or even cooking a meal.

5. I will keep all doctor's appointments and keep all my prescriptions up to date.

Those sound like really simple things, and they are. I figure I should make my goals reasonably attainable. That way I won't feel like a failure. Now, I will be more lax when I am in a lot of pain or sick. But I think I can tackle 4 out of the 5 even on the bad days. I usually feel better in the mornings, so I can get all these accomplished fairly easily in the a.m.

I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment