Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Becoming a New Zealand Goat Herder

At this moment in time if I could do whatever I wanted, I'd move to New Zealand and raise goats. I've never been there, only seen pictures and what they used in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Looks like a beautiful place to live. I'd live in the middle of lush, green hills in a log cabin. It'd have a huge fireplace and a spring on the property. No phones. No internet. Just me and my husband and kids. We'd have a huge garden where we'd grow most all of our food. And most of all, it'd be peaceful. No drama. We'd be too busy working at our daily survival to worry about what else was going on in the world. I'd learn how to sew and make our clothes. We'd only go to town once or twice a month for supplies we couldn't make on our own and to sell goat cheese.

Now of course, this will never happen. My children would accuse me of child abuse for even thinking such nonsense as no internet and all that farm work. But, I can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment