Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

It's going to be a good day. Everyone is in a pleasant mood, no bickering or fighting. I spent some time outdoors yesterday (with sunscreen of course) and am paying for it today. I'm not able to go to my Dad's for a cookout today, so we are having one here. I would like to go, but it's just not possible right now. I wish the boys could get to know that side of my family. It's been years since my Dad has spent any time with them. Ian looks just like him. The boys are growing up so fast and he has missed almost all of it. I'm not laying blame on anyone, it's just a shame it turned out this way.

None-the-less, I'd like to wish a Happy Father's Day to all the Dads. Especially my husband, Matt. He may not be the boys' biological "father", but he has raised them and loved them just like they were his own. They are blessed to have him in their lives and they will be better men because of him.

My sister is doing better. I am so thankful for that.

Well, I need to get a cake baked and it's not happening by itself so I gotta leave this here!

No comments:

Post a Comment