Friday, June 4, 2010

Makeup Bag

Believe it or not, I am a girly-girl at heart. I love makeup, perfume, clothes, shoes, and above all purses. So...I've decided to devote some time to these things.

I love clearance at CVS. About once every season or so they clean out all the old inventory to make room for the new and a lot of really great, normally kinda pricey products are on clearance for 50-75% off. This past week I got some really great things from L'oreal. I got L'oreal Invisible Lift Foundation in classic ivory. I am impressed. It matches my skin tone very well, doesn't look cakey or "fake" after a few hours of wear, and it has SPF 17. It also doesn't break my face out, which is amazing because I have very sensitive skin. The normal price on this was $11.99, but I got it for 75% off! I also got 3 pots of L'oreal H.I.P. eyeshadows. They are loose, shimmery powders that come with application brushes. They are striving (green), beckoning (blue), and progressive (a coppery color). Last, but not least, I got L'oreal H.I.P. eye crayons in authentic (green) and intricate (blue). I also got all of those for 75% off each. I've always been reluctant to wear such bold colors, but I figure wearing make up is supposed to be fun so I might as well get a little more creative with the colors I use. For the really bold colors, like these aforementioned from L'oreal, I applied them (the powders) on my eyelid only, and rimmed the bottom lash line with the matching crayon. I am pleased with the results. They add a great pop of color, draw attention to my eyes, and it doesn't look cartoonish or overdone.

No comments:

Post a Comment