Friday, November 19, 2010

Weekend Alone :)

Happy Friday to all! The kids are going to relatives this weekend, so Matt and I have the house to ourselves! That has not happened in quite some time. It'll be really nice to have some couple time. It's been a long time since we have been able to really spend any quality time just with each other. I'm looking forward to a good game of scrabble with him! That's my favorite game of all time. We also play 10,000 and Yahtzee a lot. Of course, he'll probably want nothing to do with that and he'll be on his music all weekend, but I can wish! I'll just have to find something to occupy myself. Which will probably end up being on my laptop. I want to get my photos organized like I want them. That is going to take some time all by itself. And there's always plenty of laundry and housework to keep me busy. Not that I really want to do that with my first weekend "off" in a long time!

I really need to buy some new Christmas ornaments for the tree this year. I remember last year she was looking pretty bare. I'd like to get some really pretty blown glass ones. I can have those kind now that the kids are older and I don't have to worry about them breaking them. I also have to plan out Thanksgiving. Though I'm not really sure who is coming and who is not. Regardless, even if no one else shows, I'll still have a nice dinner for my family. I'm pretty sure I have all I need except for the pies. I'm going to make them from scratch, except maybe the pie crust. I'll leave that part to Pillsbury and their refrigerated dough. I'd like to make a pecan pie and a pumpkin pie. I've never made pecan pie, so I'm a tad nervous about that. Instead of brown and serve rolls, I'm going to make some honey wheat bread. Holidays are the only time I get to use my nice china set and I can't wait! I want to get a new table cloth and a centerpiece for the table.

Well, the laundry is calling my name so this is all for now!
I just love this pic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment