Thursday, November 4, 2010

Not a Good Day :(

Today has not been a very good day for me. I just found out this week that a family member is in stage 4 colon cancer. My heart breaks for his wife and children. I haven't seen him very often over the course of my adult life, but my childhood is filled with memories of him. I specifically remember him offering me $10 if I could catch one of his roosters. Now, back in the day that was a fortune to me! LOL :) I chased that rooster all over the yard. And no, I never caught it. All of this reminds me how fragile life is and how quickly it can be taken away. It's hard to imagine someone that you've always seen strong and healthy go through such a thing.

Beyond that, well, anything else I wanted to write about seems rather small and insignificant. I don't feel like I have the right to complain.

1 comment:

  1. im so sorry for the news i will keep you him and his family in my prayers

    ReplyDelete