Friday, September 24, 2010

It's Time

It's time...time to get rid of the jeans and clothes that no longer fit. I HATE this. I have a personal rule that if something doesn't fit for 6 months or I don't wear it for 6 months (seasonal clothes excepted) I must get rid of it. For a long time I lived in denial, holding on to size 10 jeans that my size 18 rear will never wear again. Alas...much can be said for hope!! So, off they go to new owners.

It's time for cooler weather. What does this mean for me? Raynaud's and mittens. Pumping gas in the winter time can be excruciatingly painful for me. Thank the good Lord my husband is at home this winter, so he can pump the gas! I am looking forward to finding a new, cute pair of mittens. I've had my old pair since I lived in Cincinnati (that would be 7 years ago). I love them, they are soft and they are of the convertible variety (the tops fold down).

It's time for football. I'm not a major fan, but I do love a good game on the tv with hot wings and pretzels. I would say beer, but no more alcohol for me (thank you methotrexate). I have to say though, I don't miss alcohol at all! As a matter of fact, I have a sort of aversion to it. I miss having a good wine with dinner though...am I going off point here? Yes I am. LOL :)

It's time to start some sort of exercise program. I keep saying this, but after going through my closet and seeing how many sizes I have went up, it is now a necessity. My knees, ankles, and back are going to have a lot to say about this I'm sure. So, I'll have to do some research and it'll be trial and error, but I have to do something!! I have always hated to exercise. I can't see how that's going to be any different now. I've always been able to control my weight through diet, but I've always been active. Lupus has changed that for me. I spend the majority of my day seated or lying or just trying to not be in pain. I can tell that I've lost a lot of muscle tone. I'll be starting physical therapy for my back (I have degenerated and bulging discs) so I'm hoping that will help.

It's time to start algebra, especially for Ian. I have some books coming in the mail and I'm excited to start them with Ian. Jake is a year behind Ian on math, so he won't start algebra till next year. I want to make sure he has his basics down before I put anything new on him.

It's time...to end this! Have a great evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment