Saturday, September 18, 2010

Benetint Review

 

I finally got my benetint in the mail. I knew it was coming yesterday thanks to the tracking number through USPS, so I was as bad a little kid peeking out the window waiting on the mailman to drop off my goodies.
I could hardly wait to get it out of the package and try it on. First and foremost, the consistency of this product is a little off-putting. At first glance I didn't think that such a watery product could possibly offer the effect of a stain. Well, I was wrong on that one. Also, the nail polish type applicator I wasn't thrilled to see. I assumed it would be a pain to use. Again, I was wrong. the applicator isn't difficult or awkward to use at all. I tried it first on my lips, because that's what I was most interested in this product for, a lip stain. I used the applicator that is in the bottle with no trouble at all. It only took a couple of seconds for this to dry, so you have to work a little quick. I was very pleased with the result. I expected it to be more of a harsher red, because of how it looks in the bottle. It turned out to be a lovely rose color, just darker than my own natural lip color. The effect was a look of having just been kissed. I have to say, I was very happy with the results. Now, for the staying power. It lasted several hours and through a bowl of my homemade chili. The wear was nice and even, no seeping into the corners of my mouth or leaving an unsightly ring around my lips. I would have definitely paid the full price for this product and not have regretted it at all. There is nothing like it on the drug store shelves that I've found. Now for it's performance as a cheek stain. I have naturally pink/red undertones in my cheeks, so I used foundation to even out my skin tone first. I applied the product using the applicator it came with. I painted an X on the apple of my cheek and quickly blended it in. I was very happy with the results. The flush it gave was very natural, like I just came in from the outside when the weather is chilly. I will probably not use it much in this application, but if I decide to, I know that I'll be happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment