Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

I hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend. I wish I could be at the beach getting a tan! Oh well...at least I won't get premature wrinkles.

Don't know what is on the agenda today. Everything is closed, so it's not like a normal Monday morning. I guess I could finish up the laundry. That doesn't exactly excite me, but it has to be done.

My little Justin without his medication is driving me insane!! I'm hoping his body is just taking some time to adjust to not having the meds and this will pass. He is eating like a horse, though. So hopefully he'll do a lot of growing this summer. My comfort is 2nd to his health, and I know it's best for him to not be on ADHD meds all year round. I just may have to up my own nerve medication! LOL :)

Ian had a really good time with his friends at the beach and camping. He remembered his sunscreen! I am so proud. Well, his friend's Mom probably did, but at least it got done. I should've sent him with OFF! for the camping trip, but didn't think about it. Poor guy ended up as mosquito food. I'm wondering if he'll want to start traditional again next year. I would be okay with it if he does. Ultimately it's his education. I asked him the other day and he was pretty adamant about staying homeschooled.

Jacob is doing so much better now that he is homeschooled. I think that was the best decision we ever made. He is learning so much more, his self confidence and self esteem is increasing exponentially. Some people are like "Don't you worry that they don't have enough peer interaction?", well, the answer to that is no. There are lots of kids in the neighborhood that they play with almost daily, and they have each other. I think with all the negativity that goes on in public school, they are much better off. Their manners and speech have improved, I am very pleased with their progress.

I think maybe we'll take a trip to the hotel to see the American Flag display at the hotel. I hope I hold up till this afternoon and actually feel like going.

Happy Memorial Day :) XOXO Sarah Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment