Monday, May 31, 2010

The End

Turned out to be a very nice day. We had the trip to the hotel, then our neighbors came over for a cook out and some horseshoes. I found a nice breezy spot in the shade and managed to enjoy myself for a little while. It was as if the sun was drinking up my energy through a straw. I had to come back in. First, the hint of fatigue and it just went downhill from there. That's okay though because it was worth it. I felt "normal" for an hour or so. Matt is still outside grilling more chicken and playing horseshoes. I think he really needed the recreation.

Tomorrow is June 1st! I just can't believe how fast time is flying by me these days. I feel like everything is in such a hurry and I'm stuck in place watching it go in fast forward.

Hopefully I'll be going to my Mom's house tomorrow for a visit. Jacob will be spending the week with her, so I have to take him over there. I miss her. I miss my Memmaw and Peppaw too. I don't feel like I get to spend near enough time with them. Not to sound too morbid or anything, but I've dealt with my fair share of death. I know how fleeting and fragile life is. Any one of us could be gone in the blink of an eye. I just don't want any regrets. I don't want to have to wish I would've visited with them more, or told them I love them more.

I think tonight's movie will be Interview with a Vampire. That is one of my all time favorites. I've been having trouble concentrating lately and haven't been able to get much reading in. I started The Celestine Prophecy (again...this will be the 5th time I've read it), but I just can't seem to get into it this time. The book club book this week is 90 Minutes in Heaven. I'm going to the library tomorrow to check it out. Maybe a new book, one I haven't read yet, will hold my interest better.

Well, this is good night for me. XOXO, Sarah Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment