Saturday, March 12, 2011

It's been quite a while!

Yes, it's been quite a while since I've devoted any time at all to this blog. A lot has been happening in my personal life, I won't write about anything or anyone not directly having anything to do with me without their express permission, so even though I've had some pretty rough emotional things happen I can't write about them. Sorry to be so vague, but that's all I have to say about that.

Now, after a little chat I had with my half sister on facebook I have decided to use my powers for good and get back on track with this whole blog thing. I wanted this blog to be an outlet for my feelings and for my experience with my diseases and how I cope with it all. I'm really going to try hard to get back on task. I find that I am a much happier person when I write things down. Even if no one ever reads the things I write, there is still some kind of release that happens when taking the thoughts and worries out of my head and putting them on paper or a computer screen.

I have been extremely tired lately. I think I am emotionally exhausted more than anything. I have a very large, compassionate heart and when someone I love it hurting, I feel it in my heart, but I also feel it physically. Not that I have the same pain that they are having, but I think strong emotions cause my lupus to become more active. Staying stress free is obviously impossible, but I am getting much better at positive thinking. This has helped me tremendously. I also pray much more often than I ever have. Any quiet time I have I pray. I talk to my God in my own quiet way. I know he hears me and I know he has answered me. I've been pressured lately into going back to the church that the boys and are are members of. I don't have anything against this, I like to attend church when I am feeling well enough for it. And I especially like it when the boys get to go because they get to meet and socialize with some really great people while the worship Heavenly Father and Jesus. But for me, I believe that my personal relationship with Our Father is what's really important. I may not be as "religious" as some in my family would like me to be, but I do have faith and I do have a bond that I strengthen on a regular basis by praying and by doing what I think is right and living the best I can.

So, this will be all for now! But...I will be back. I'm going to try to write something at least once per day. Plus I have an idea that I'm kicking around about a new "series" I could add to this blog. Have a blessed day and hug those you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment