Sunday, March 13, 2011

Another Day in the Life of a Lupie

Again today I am nothing short of exhausted. I did, however, make it out of bed today. I even managed to put some makeup on. I feel as though I am walking through a vat of molasses. Even still, I have to manage to do something for dinner. It'll be a late dinner. The boys are outside enjoying the day and I'm going to let them play for as long as possible. So for a little while I get to have some quiet time. Lately these little spurts of quiet time are spent praying or sleeping. The boys have been very compassionate and helpful this past week. I am lucky to have such great kids.

I've been getting a bit of hate mail lately because of a comment that I left on someone's video on youtube. The video was proclaiming that this person had cured himself of SLE by following a strict diet. I commented that there is no cure for SLE and posting videos such as this detracts away from the cause of finding a true cure. After reading quite a bit of verbal abuse aimed at me, I just quit reading and blocked those people. But I stand by what I said. There is NO cure for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. If whatever diet, or juice, or snake oil, these people took that "cured" them really worked, then they didn't have Lupus to begin with. There is so much misinformation out there and these people are making it worse. Why would we be taken seriously if people believed all we had to do to be cured was follow a diet, or drink a certain juice? If only it were that easy. Now, people have found symptom relief by following certain diets and taking certain supplements. I am not discounting these people. I believe that symptoms sometimes can be managed that way for some. But not for all. And it's definitely not a cure.

As part of the new direction I am taking my blog in, I am going to list the symptoms I have felt today at the end of each post.

Symptoms today have included:
Fatigue, exhaustion
joint pain, both large and small
forgetfulness
depression
anxiety
sensitivity to light

No comments:

Post a Comment