Wednesday, August 25, 2010

e.l.f. review

I finally tried out the other few e.l.f. products that I talked about last blog. First I tried the waterproof felt tip liquid eyeliner. I got them in 2 shades, midnight (navy blue) and plum. I am impressed. The application was super smooth and easy. No tugging or pulling. I have learned that it is important to store these eyeliners tip down so they don't dry out. They were also very long wearing, however, sometimes my eyes water terribly and I did have to reapply midday. Overall, I think they were an excellent value.

Next I tried out the eyebrow kit. It has two sides, one a cream to define the arch and the other a powder to fill in gaps. I am a stickler for my eyebrows. I do not like bushy eyebrows and in my quest for the perfect arch I've been guilty of over plucking. This kit looks very natural and I'm pleased with the results. When choosing a shade, keep in mind that if you are brunette, choose a shade or 2 lighter than your hair color, if you are blonde, choose a shade darker. Personally, I think a well defined brow gives a youthful appearance to the face and instantly makes it look more polished. Just don't go overboard. Nobody wants to look like Morticia Addams! :)

I recently decided I needed a waterproof mascara because my eyes have been watering so much. I chose L'oreal Carbon Black Voluminous Waterproof Mascara. I am in love with the original version, so I assumed I would be with the waterproof version as well. It has all the great qualities of the non waterproof version with extreme staying power. And I do mean extreme. It is a little hard to remove it at night. My normal eye makeup remover doesn't work for it, so I used cold cream and then baby oil to finally remove it. I would recommend this for weddings, funerals, or anywhere else you think you might be shedding a tear.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment