Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

It is a lovely day today, highs are in the 70's!! I hope everyone is enjoying their day. It has been an ordinary day around here. The boys are finished with school work and lunch and are now on to chores then play time. I have some sort of stomach bug that has finally worked it's way around the house to me. I'm really bummed because I was supposed to go see Jason today. I don't want to risk giving him a virus, so at home I stay. He's improving everyday and they may even take him out of ICU soon to another unit, I think it's called PCU? I'm not sure. I'll ask my Mom again the next time she calls.

I've been putting off taking my weekly shot of methotrexate. I know, I know, I need to take it. I just hate the being sick for a full day or more after I take it. I guess I'm going to take it tonight and just get it over with. Recently the FDA has approved a new drug for the treatment of Lupus called Benlysta. It is an IV medication that is taken once a month. It is so expensive right now, I'm sure my insurance won't pay for it but maybe soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment